Interested in Volunteering? Please contact:
There are many ways you may volunteer here at Malta House! We invite you to become a part of our Malta House Family! The following opportunities are available to you; be sure to choose the ones are most interested in!
- Mother Mentor: Mother Mentor volunteers have a unique opportunity to positively influence the life of a young mother and her baby. As a responsible adult, your experience will lead a mom to recognize the countless possibilities that lie before her. Through this partnership, the two committed parties may foster professional growth, interpersonal relationships and possibly career development. A mentor may share with a mentee (or protégé) information about her own career path, as well as provide guidance, motivation, emotional support, and role modeling. A mentor may help with exploring careers, setting goals, developing contacts, and identifying resources.
- Nursery: If your gift is with infants and young children, the Malta House nursery will feel like home to you. Our babies come to the nursery as early as 6 weeks old and up to one year of age. Having a hand in molding a child’s development is an awesome and exciting responsibility. The rewards abound. The head of our nursery provides guidance and training for all who lovingly embrace our babies, so one should not hesitate to “share the love”.
- Special Events: Malta House is always putting on events for exciting ways to engage with our many supporters! If you have the drive for planning, organizing, or being on your feet and helping us out at one of our events, we would love to have you! Be sure to check out our News & Events tab at the top of our page for what is coming up!
- Gardening: As the weather and seasons change, we need to make sure our home is looking well kept. If you have any experience working in landscape or just appreciate spending your time outdoors, this opportunity is perfect for you!
- Cooking: For those feeling a need to give back to the community, but cannot spare the time away from home, you may consider preparing a meal for our mothers! A dinner would be a wonderful gift after working or being in school all day. Nothing fancy – just a simple casserole and salad will more than fit the bill!
- Parish Speaking: Interested in really sharing our mission through public speaking? After being welcomed into our Malta House Volunteer Family, you can share your story with us through your parish during weekend masses. Laila Bravo, our Parish Speaking Coordinator, will help guide you on this experience!
- Front Desk/Reception: If you have administrative experience or love being busy answering phone lines, come be a part of our administrative volunteer opportunities! We want to make sure both ends of the phone are having a welcoming experience.
- Diaper Drive: Just as rewarding would be to organize a diaper drive (or drive for other frequently used items) at your place of work or school! How easy to spread the word about Malta House and our good works. Please contact our House & Program Manager, Shavon Wright to see what our current needs are.
If interested in any of these acts of kindness, please contact Natalie Schanne or complete the following form.
Malta House seeks to expand its services by increasing the number of women and children it can serve. Help us share our Hope for Life!
There are many ways you can support Malta House: