Malta House seeks an experienced, efficient and organized team player to assist in the support of successful progression of pregnant women and mothers with small children.
We are looking to fill a full-time Lead Teacher position for our nursery.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Direct day-to-day physical, social and developmental care of babies and young children in the nursery.
- Facilitating the Parents As Teachers and ASQ curriculums with one-on-one and group parenting activities.
- Implementation and oversight of a daily curriculum and routine for children.
- Assisting and educating mothers concerning better care of their child's well-being and safety.
- Maintain a clean, safe, organized and attractive environment in the nursery.
- Daily written reports of each child in the nursery provided to parents.
- Note any progress or problems and report them to the parent(s). In parent(s)’ absence, report any problems to staff followed by a phone call to the parent(s) at their work or school site.
- Provide a monthly nursery summary to House/Program Manager.
- Attend necessary professional and staff meetings.
- Assist the House/Program Manager with any additional work/projects as per his/her request as it relates to child development and enhancing services for children.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Other duties as required.
Monday through Friday 7 am to 5 pm.
Candidate must have 3 to 5 years experience in early childhood education, Associates degree, first aid and infant CPR.
Must also possess patience, kindness and a loving, compassionate heart.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Submissions without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
We welcome your help in providing Hope for Life as our Malta House family continues to grow.